Thursday, October 21, 2010

War Has Come: A Study in Forced Perspective

Name of Model: War has come!
Created by: Skalldyr / Valentin
Found at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skalldyr/sets/72157625182392624/with/5089208359/
Details: We've seen microscale and "nnenn scale" before, but I don't think I've seen the two combined for forced perspective like this before. The Greco-Roman architecture comes off perfectly - and as a new technique, we get to see a fire ladder used to make columns for the building in the distance. A large fire coming out of temple in the back is another nice touch. The landscaping makes use of a decent variety of plants - note the way the leaf elements are interlocked.

2 comments:

Stephen Sherman said...

Very nice review of this MOC. I am a sucker for anything classical. I also like the wide variety of subject matter, like your comments on how Dan Jezek influenced the Lego world.

I have a new LEGO community site, Brick Collections:
http://brickcollections.com

And you are welcome to blog there. The members are definitely an interested audience, and you would gain more exposure for your insightful posts.

Dan said...

I haven't gotten to it yet, but I'm planning on checking out Brick Collections soon. It's been busy here lately...