Thursday, May 22, 2008

Official Ads - Now at LMOTD!

I'm taking advantage of a relatively slow week here to get in some posts in advance and catch up with some much-needed site maintenance. One of the things we're now doing is displaying ads from LEGO Shop at Home's website. Some of these will be text or photo ads similar to the Amazon ads I've been running, and others will be promotional banners. Of course, this doesn't imply any endorsement or relationship between me and LEGO - I think I'd have to hire a lawyer to figure out how to precisely describe the situation - but long story short, I get 3% commission on sets sold through LMOTD. I'll be adding links to some existing entries, including them in new entries, and adding some graphical ads to the layout, but that's all that'll change around here for now.

While I wouldn't mind people stopping by here before heading to the online LEGO store, I also feel the need to point out that there are plenty of other excellent sites out there that you can also support by using their sponsored links to the LEGO shop at home site. Peeron and Brickset are both great resources to LEGO fans and you can support both of them through similar links as well. There may also be other blogs that you follow that could use your support too. As much as I like the money, it's worthwhile to support all the online LEGO-related resources we use.

Of course, the ads aren't really for you diehards who know probably know all these things already - they're really more of a way to get people who don't follow the hobby to think about perhaps picking up a few sets.

If you want to try this out, here's one of our new links: Find the LEGO bricks you need at The Official LEGO Shop!

EDIT 5/28: I have now added a banner ad to the RSS feed footer.

No comments: