Wednesday, May 21, 2008

1960 Chevy Impala Wagon

Name of Model: Solar Flare
Created by: Lino M
Found at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12622904@N03/tags/impala/
Details:
There is a group of diehard Adult Fans of LEGO (AFOLs) that is devoted to building cars. They call themselves the LUGNUTs - a clever mix of "nuts" as in nuts and bolts with LUGNET, which is a popular site in the adult LEGO fan community. Last month, they did a building challenge called Night and Day, which yielded a number of interesting pairings of cars. There were a number of interesting submissions, but this one is my favorite of the bunch. This "Solar Flare" is the "day" to the "night" of proudlove's "Lunar Eclipse". I don't think I need to explain why I like this one - it really shows a love for the original car and some great building techniques. My favorite detail is probably the windows-as-taillights.

EDIT: I somehow managed to screw up Scheduled-Post-Publishing today, so enjoy the unusually early Wednesday model. With any luck the rest of the week will show up at the correct times...

No comments: