Tuesday, August 26, 2008

30 Years of the Minifig

I'm a bit out-of-the-loop on this, but apparently today marks the 30th Anniversary of the minifig. I'm not sure how they're defining minifigs, or how they came up with today in particular, but quite a few sites are doing something for this and there's a new (official?) site up about it at http://www.gominimango.com/ . I've actually never heard the term "miniman" before, but I think it sounds like a great name for a potential minifig superhero. Of course, if you're on the GoMiniManGo website, you'll probably notice that their timeline is erratic (no Space sets between 85 and 92? Seriously? The Blacktron, M:Tron, Blacktron II, Space Police I, and Futuron themes really need to be represented there). There are also apparently some contests running on there - if I'm reading this correctly (and I really haven't put much time into it yet), there's a poster-making contest at The Brothers Brick and a video-making contest at Gizmodo.

Let me know if you find any other information about this - it looks exciting but digging through the miniman website (where you have to scroll down to even see the other posts) isn't really the best use of my time right now.

No comments: