Monday, March 14, 2011

NXT Blimp

Name of Model: BIC5 - NXT Blimp
Created by: Kenneth & Lasse at BrickIt.dk
Found at: http://brickit.dk/index.php?page=projects&id=8&step=2
Details: If you've seen the LEGO Education Renewable Energy Add-On Set, you've probably wondered if the windmill blades could be used to propel something instead. As it turns out, they can! They work wonderfully for steering blimps. The video here includes some footage from LEGOWORLD Copenhagen, where a video camera was attached to the blimp. For some meta fun, see if you can spot the photography rover driving around on the ground. I'm really hoping that somewhere, there's footage from that NXT robot of this NXT robot in action. I'm also trying to determine if I can make my own before the next LEGO convention I go to.

No comments: