Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Modulex Greenhouse

Name of Model: Modulex Greenhouse
Created by: Karyn Traphagen at MiniBricks Madness
Found at: http://minibricksmadness.com/2010/08/03/modulex-greenhouse-for-brickfair/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/46628878@N07/sets/72157624649760616/with/4858632671/
Details: One of the highlights (among many) of this year's BrickFair was a resurgence in the amount of models there made out of Modulex. I've previously written about Modulex, but my only experience with seeing these little bricks in person has been at BrickFair these past two years. With the exception of the fan (which is a combination of parts found in a few Atlantis sets), this greenhouse is made entirely out of modulex pieces. Complete with an interior, this is easily the most detailed modulex model I've seen so far. I had no idea that there were so many clear modulex parts or modulex window elements to work with. The colors didn't surprise me, but they are a bit different than what we're used to seeing - modulex colors and regular LEGO colors don't line up (since Modulex was made for architects and actually spun off into a separate company, there wasn't any reason to keep the colors consistent with the LEGO system of play).

If you're interested in reading more about Modulex or trying out Modulex bricks for yourself, you can actually purchase some from the builder of this model at her website.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Thank you for noticing my Greenhouse and linking to my blog! I'm currently improving the MOC by changing the fan housing (the red was a little too much) and adding a few more elements. I look forward to seeing more Modulex MOCs from other AFOLs. They are a challenge to build with because there are not as many specialized elements, but I love the small scale!

Karyn