Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nintendo Entertainment System

Name of Model: MOCOlympics Round #6: Dave Sterling vs. Crimso Giger in Atari
Created by: Dave Sterling
Found at: http://new.mocpages.com/moc.php/162930
Details:
I'm well aware that there are newer "gaming consoles" out there, but to me, the original NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) will always be the best. Tetris remains a favorite of mine (on those rare occasions when I do partake in gaming, I usually grab Tetris for Gameboy - in black and white, of course). While the mosaic of a game of Tetris in progress isn't quite perfect, the rest of this LEGO-based rendition of the classic game set-up is very accurate, including the controllers and game cartridge. Did I mention that the buttons on the console are actually spring-loaded or that you can really load the cartridge into the console? Forget game console cases, this is how video-game themed LEGO sculptures should be done.

No comments: