Sunday, June 15, 2008

Blog Hiatus

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do this this week, but some unforeseen circumstances are going to keep me from blogging for at least the next week. On the bright side, these are actually good distractions, and they're all LEGO-related and pretty fun - nothing bad has happened over here. Well, unless you count falling over the enormous pile of LEGO parts that I really need to put away. That left me a bit scratched up but it was a good reality check on the using-parts/putting-them-away front. Did I mention that said fall happened on Thursday and that I bought another carload of sets and parts on Saturday?

Some of the stuff keeping me busy this upcoming week is preparation work for the NCLUG DGXPO display this upcoming weekend (which is part of the free and open-to-the-public Family Fun Day of this year's Digital Gaming Expo). I'll be reprising my history-of-LEGO display (in heavily modified form), showing Bionicle and Star Wars sets, and contributing buildings and crazy ideas to the town. Depending on how this week turns out, I might try to fit some other stuff in too. I'll probably feature some details on our town here after the show, but we're not revealing the big surprise in it until the event.

Of course, elsewhere in the LEGO fan world, there's BrickWorld, a very large event that starts Thursday and will be open to the public on Saturday and Sunday. The name "BrickWorld" is pretty apt - builders and fans the world over are going to that, and I think LEGO itself is planning a few things for BrickWorld. If I lived near the greater Chicago area, I'd definitely be there instead.

To see me, my models, and my fellow LEGO User Group (LUG) members, stop by Wake Technical Community College in Raleigh, North Carolina, on Saturday the 21st between 10 AM and 4 PM. To visit BrickWorld, you need to buy tickets at the door during the public days, which are Saturday the 21st from 10am to 4pm and Sunday the 22nd from 10am - 3pm.

For coverage of BOTH events this weekend, keep LMOTD in your feed reader and tune in to LAML Radio, which is already gearing up for BrickWorld with interviews related to the event. In the days and weeks to come, LAML Radio will be featuring coverage of both shows. I'm also planning on plugging photos from both events here at LMOTD over the following week (I make no guarantees on the quality of the NCLUG photos this time out - Joe Meno's usually the one who gets the good photos at NCLUG events, but he's covering BrickWorld for BrickJournal instead).

Oh, and Happy Father's Day, everybody! I hope you're having a great weekend and can join one of these fan events for some fun next weekend too.

No comments: